Home / Albums / Dieter's Pages / Photoalbum / Under Water / Wrecks / Karwela 
The Karwela was built in 1957 in Germany carrying the name M/S Frisia II. With up to 863 passengers, the Frisia II was in service between Norderney and Norddeich until 1977. In 1977 she was sold and renamed in Nordpaloma. After the company went bankrupt, the ship was delivered to Malta, where she was taken over by Captain Morgan and renamed in MV Karwela. As MV Karwela the ship was carrying passengers on day cruises around Malta and Comino until she got decommissioned and finally sunk of ix-Xatt l-Ahmar, Gozo in 2006.