696/2407
Home / Albums /

Ghajnsielem - St. Anthony of Padova Ta Giezu - Detail 1

IMG_02430.JPG Ghajnsielem - St. Anthony of Padova Ta GiezuThumbnailsGhar Lapsi - CaveGhajnsielem - St. Anthony of Padova Ta GiezuThumbnailsGhar Lapsi - CaveGhajnsielem - St. Anthony of Padova Ta GiezuThumbnailsGhar Lapsi - CaveGhajnsielem - St. Anthony of Padova Ta GiezuThumbnailsGhar Lapsi - CaveGhajnsielem - St. Anthony of Padova Ta GiezuThumbnailsGhar Lapsi - CaveGhajnsielem - St. Anthony of Padova Ta GiezuThumbnailsGhar Lapsi - CaveGhajnsielem - St. Anthony of Padova Ta GiezuThumbnailsGhar Lapsi - Cave

In 1901 a plot of land was donated to the Franciscan Friars Minor to build their own convent and erect a church. The plans for the convent were drawn by Fr.Joseph Diacono. The work commenced immediately and the first part of the convent was completed in 1902. The bishop Mons Giovanni M.Camilleri blessed a temporary chapel. All the construction of the church was paid for by Joseph Sultana a businessman from Nadur. In charge of the building was Mr Wigi Vella who was also responsible for the design. On completion, Bishop Camilleri blessed the church on the 28th of October 1906.

Author
Dieter Achtelstetter
Dimensions
2848*4272
Filesize
3991 KB
Visits
942
Rating score
no rate
Rate this photo

0 comments