1811/2472
Home / Albums /

Saint Anton Palace - Chapel of Our Lady of Pilar 01

IMG_03710-pl-adj.jpg Saddled Seabream - Oblada melanura - PlayingThumbnailsSaint Anton Palace - Chapel of Our Lady of Pilar 02Saddled Seabream - Oblada melanura - PlayingThumbnailsSaint Anton Palace - Chapel of Our Lady of Pilar 02Saddled Seabream - Oblada melanura - PlayingThumbnailsSaint Anton Palace - Chapel of Our Lady of Pilar 02Saddled Seabream - Oblada melanura - PlayingThumbnailsSaint Anton Palace - Chapel of Our Lady of Pilar 02Saddled Seabream - Oblada melanura - PlayingThumbnailsSaint Anton Palace - Chapel of Our Lady of Pilar 02Saddled Seabream - Oblada melanura - PlayingThumbnailsSaint Anton Palace - Chapel of Our Lady of Pilar 02Saddled Seabream - Oblada melanura - PlayingThumbnailsSaint Anton Palace - Chapel of Our Lady of Pilar 02

The Chapel of Our Lady of Pilar was built by Grand Master António Manoel de Vilhena in the 18th century. It consists of a barrel-vaulted nave, with ribs dividing the ceiling into six bays. The vault is decorated with the coats of arms of de Vilhena, and subsequent Grand Masters Manuel Pinto da Fonseca and Emmanuel de Rohan-Polduc. The altar is set within a chancel separated from the nave by pilasters.

Author
Dieter Achtelstetter
Dimensions
4272*2848
Filesize
8207 KB
Visits
669
Rating score
no rate
Rate this photo

0 comments