1937/2407
Home / Albums /

St. Pauls Bay - Our Lady of Sorrows - Parish Church

IMG_06013_00.jpg St. Michael - VisitorThumbnailsSt. Pawl - St. Paul Shipwrecked tal-HuggiegaSt. Michael - VisitorThumbnailsSt. Pawl - St. Paul Shipwrecked tal-HuggiegaSt. Michael - VisitorThumbnailsSt. Pawl - St. Paul Shipwrecked tal-HuggiegaSt. Michael - VisitorThumbnailsSt. Pawl - St. Paul Shipwrecked tal-HuggiegaSt. Michael - VisitorThumbnailsSt. Pawl - St. Paul Shipwrecked tal-HuggiegaSt. Michael - VisitorThumbnailsSt. Pawl - St. Paul Shipwrecked tal-HuggiegaSt. Michael - VisitorThumbnailsSt. Pawl - St. Paul Shipwrecked tal-Huggiega

Construction works started on July 8, 1901 under the supervision of architect E L Galizia. The foundation stone was laid on April 4, 1902. The church, which was financed by the noblewoman Anna Bugeja, was finished and blessed on April 9, 1905, by the Vicar General Salvatore Grech. On the same day, St Paul's Bay was erected as Parish. In this church we find paintings by one of the best Maltese artists, Giuseppe Cali'. The church was re-inaugurated on April 1, 1979, after extension works where carried out.

Author
Dieter Achtelstetter
Dimensions
4272*2848
Filesize
5058 KB
Visits
637
Rating score
no rate
Rate this photo

0 comments