2287/2407
Home / Albums /

Wat Arun 05

IMG_3203_adj.jpg Wat Arun 04ThumbnailsWat Arun 06Wat Arun 04ThumbnailsWat Arun 06Wat Arun 04ThumbnailsWat Arun 06Wat Arun 04ThumbnailsWat Arun 06Wat Arun 04ThumbnailsWat Arun 06Wat Arun 04ThumbnailsWat Arun 06Wat Arun 04ThumbnailsWat Arun 06

Wat Arun was built in the days of Thailand's ancient capital of Ayutthaya, and was originally known as Wat Makok "Olive Temple". In the ensuring era when Thonburi was capital, King Taksin changed the name to Wat Chaeng. The temple briefly hosted the revered Emerald Buddha after it was recaptured from Laos, but it was moved to Wat Phra Kaew in 1784.

Author
Dieter Achtelstetter
Dimensions
1536*2048
Filesize
3675 KB
Visits
560
Rating score
no rate
Rate this photo

0 comments