2204/2322
Home / Albums /

Wat Arun 06

IMG_3204_adj.jpg Wat Arun 05ThumbnailsWat Kham Chanot 01Wat Arun 05ThumbnailsWat Kham Chanot 01Wat Arun 05ThumbnailsWat Kham Chanot 01Wat Arun 05ThumbnailsWat Kham Chanot 01Wat Arun 05ThumbnailsWat Kham Chanot 01Wat Arun 05ThumbnailsWat Kham Chanot 01Wat Arun 05ThumbnailsWat Kham Chanot 01

Wat Arun was built in the days of Thailand's ancient capital of Ayutthaya, and was originally known as Wat Makok "Olive Temple". In the ensuring era when Thonburi was capital, King Taksin changed the name to Wat Chaeng. The temple briefly hosted the revered Emerald Buddha after it was recaptured from Laos, but it was moved to Wat Phra Kaew in 1784.

Author
Dieter Achtelstetter
Dimensions
1536*2048
Filesize
3179 KB
Visits
441
Rating score
no rate
Rate this photo

0 comments