1174/2407
Home / Albums /

Mellieha - Saint Agatha's Tower 03

img_2011_03_31_007425_adj.jpg Mellieha - Saint Agatha's Tower 02ThumbnailsMellieha - Saint Agatha's Tower 04Mellieha - Saint Agatha's Tower 02ThumbnailsMellieha - Saint Agatha's Tower 04Mellieha - Saint Agatha's Tower 02ThumbnailsMellieha - Saint Agatha's Tower 04Mellieha - Saint Agatha's Tower 02ThumbnailsMellieha - Saint Agatha's Tower 04Mellieha - Saint Agatha's Tower 02ThumbnailsMellieha - Saint Agatha's Tower 04Mellieha - Saint Agatha's Tower 02ThumbnailsMellieha - Saint Agatha's Tower 04Mellieha - Saint Agatha's Tower 02ThumbnailsMellieha - Saint Agatha's Tower 04

Saint Agatha's Tower, also known as the Red Tower, Mellieħa Tower or Fort Saint Agatha, is a large bastioned watchtower in Mellieħa, Malta. It was built between 1647 and 1649, as the sixth of the Lascaris towers. The tower's design is completely different from the rest of the Lascaris towers, but it is similar to the earlier Wignacourt towers. St. Agatha's Tower was the last large bastioned tower to be built in Malta.

Author
Dieter Achtelstetter
Dimensions
4272*2848
Filesize
5085 KB
Visits
638
Rating score
no rate
Rate this photo

0 comments