1111/2407
Home / Albums /

Mdina - Carmelite Church and Priory

img_2011_12_04_008734_mdina.jpg Mdina -  Narrow walkwaysThumbnailsMdina - Cathedral from belowMdina -  Narrow walkwaysThumbnailsMdina - Cathedral from belowMdina -  Narrow walkwaysThumbnailsMdina - Cathedral from belowMdina -  Narrow walkwaysThumbnailsMdina - Cathedral from belowMdina -  Narrow walkwaysThumbnailsMdina - Cathedral from belowMdina -  Narrow walkwaysThumbnailsMdina - Cathedral from belowMdina -  Narrow walkwaysThumbnailsMdina - Cathedral from below

The building of the Carmelite church is attributed to French architect Mederico Blondel. It was built between 1660 and 1675. Above the main altar hangs the impressive painting of The Annunciation by Stefano Erardi (1677). There are also paintings by the well known Maltese artist Giuseppe Cali.

Author
Dieter Achtelstetter
Dimensions
4272*2848
Filesize
5976 KB
Visits
686
Rating score
no rate
Rate this photo

0 comments