Ta Pinu Cathedral - Image

Ta Pinu Cathedral - Detail 01

First records of the existences of the church show up when Monsignor Pietro Duzina, visited the poorly maintained chapel in 1575. A worker braking his arm saved the church from being demolished at this time. Again in 1615 report of the bad state of the chapel been forwarded and a demolition was ordered. Philipinu Gauci was offering to take care of renovation and the chapel was saved again. This event gave the chapel it is known name Ta Pinu, from (Phili)Pinu. After a women passing by hearing a voice out of the chapel in 1883 various miracles have been recorded in connection with the chapel. The word was spread quickly and from than numerous pilgrims where coming to the chapel. In 1920 began the building of a new church including the old chapel. The church was finally blessed and opened to the public in 1932, while the bell tower remained unfinished until 1934.


Leave a Comment:
Author
Your comment

Ta Pinu Cathedral - Detail 01

by Dieter


Uploaded on July 4, 2022


PrevNext
Image Details
Camera: Canon
Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi
Creation Date: 2010:01:04 11:50:16
Image width: 4272 px
Image height: 2848 px
Image size: 3.69MB
Aperature: f/3.5
Exposure: 1/25
ISO - speed: 200

License for images free to download:
Creative Commons CC BY-NC-ND 4.0

Please give the image a rating.

The average rating is 2.98.


Copyright © by Dieter Achtelstetter - All Rights Reserved

Admin